GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATORS ASSOCIATION
|"Working for Better Government
through Better People"
The Government Administrators Association is a labor association that represents Executive, Managerial, Professional and Supervisory employees
at Wayne County, 3rd Executive, Managerial, Professional and Supervisory employees at Wayne County, 3rd Judicial Circuit, 36th District Court,
Wayne County Probate Court, and the Wayne County Airport Authority. The Association represents the membership in all phases of the collective
bargaining process, and works to enhance the recognition of the career public servant.
We recognize our responsibility of providing truly effective representation by working cooperatively with these employers so that the public will
realize better, cost efficient service.
As an organization oriented toward enlightened management, we foster and support professionalism in job performance and discourage
adversarial relations with our employers. Additionally, we encourage applying that extra effort which exemplifies outstanding employees.
To assist members, the GAA has bargained for and received cost-paid rights to attend training sessions designed to enhance professional and
Simply, the GAA philosophy is best explained by our motto of "Working for Better Government Through Better People."
To your Benefit
Membership in the Government Administrators Association assures its members of :
- Professional representation by our Association Executive, Lorenzo A. Blount and our legal counsel,
- Representation in Collective Bargaining: The Association aggressively pursues the betterment of working conditions for all positions
represented by the bargaining unit,
- Consultation and advice available at the GAA office, and from our Area Representative and Association Officers,
- Regular flow of GAA information disseminated through various channels such as our newsletter the GAAzette, periodic membership
memos, occasional on-location meetings, and membership and program meetings,
- Active participation of the membership through committees such as Audit, Budget, Events, Awards, Political Education, Grievance
Screening, Nominating and Election.
We hope you realize that you have become part of an extremely active, viable, and successful organization. We invite and encourage active
participation as well. If you would like to volunteer please contact the GAA office at 313-224-5076 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know of